Looking for something to snack on while you sip on your SkinnyMint teas? Well maybe you should go buy a lotto ticket because it’s your lucky day! From hunger busting breakfasts to pre-bedtime treats, we’ve tracked down three super-delicious, easy peasy, totally healthy recipes that perfectly complement our Morning Boost and Night Cleanse teas. No chef’s training required!
Make-Ahead Fruit & Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
Pairs well with: Morning Boost
Ingredients (1 Serving)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 6oz Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 cup frozen berries and fruit
- Spoon 6oz Greek yogurt into a bowl
- Add 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats, 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 2 tablespoons of milk into the bowl
- Stir them all together
- Spoon 1/2 the mix into a mason jar or tall container
- Add 1/2 - 1 cup of frozen yogurt and berries of choice into the mason jar
- Layer on remaining yogurt mixture and top with more fruit
- Store in the refrigerator overnight, then dig in the next morning! (These will last up to 3 days)
Recipe source: Iowa Girl Eats.
Avocado Toast with Tomato & Basil
Pairs well with: Morning Boost
Smashed avo is always a popular breakfast option, but it’s even better teamed with ripe, juicy tomatoes and fresh, zingy basil. And do you know what basil tastes really great with? Green tea – one of the energising ingredients in the Morning Boost blend!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 of a tomato
- 1/2 a lime (or lemon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Toast bread to your liking
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit, spoon flesh into a bowl. Squeeze in half the lemon/lime. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mash it all up with a fork.
- Dice the tomato and chop up the garlic and basil. Mix everything in a separate bowl, then drizzle with the oil.
- Spoon avo mash over the 2 pieces of toast, and top with the tomato-garlic-basil mixture. Dig in!
Recipe source: Kusaka.
Easy Raw Vegan Chocolate
Pairs well with: Night Cleanse
After eating healthily all day, it’s sooo tempting to treat yourself with some chocolate in front of the TV. Now you can, guilt-free, with this healthy raw choc recipe! Cacao and peppermint are a match made in heaven, so these chocolate buttons taste oh so good with SkinnyMint Night Cleanse!
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or honey to taste (stevia works too)
- 1 cup raw cocoa butter (chopped), or coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweeted cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt cacao butter in a bowl of a double boiler
- Remove from heat, whisk in cacao powder, coconut nectar and vanilla extract until thickened
- Spoon chocolate onto cookie sheet lined with cooking paper, or a silicone mat. You can also fill a silicon ice cube tray too!
- Sprinkle toppings over chocolate.
- Pop in the fridge or freezer until completely hardened. Store finished chocolates in the fridge to enjoy whenever the urge strikes.
Recipe source: Yummy Mummy Kitchen.
Get Your 28 Day Teatox today!